What ear Surgery Can Treat
- Overly large ears — a rare condition called macrotia
- Protruding ears occurring on one or both sides in varying degrees — not associated with hearing loss
- Adult dissatisfaction with previous ear surgery
Is It Right For Me?
Ear surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulﬁll someone else’s desires or to try to ﬁt any sort of ideal image.
Teenagers and adults who are good candidates for ear surgery are:
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for ear surgery